Red Heart Kids Yarn

Ambersafghans

Guest PaisleyAngel

Amber, I have only seen this at the Jo-Anns in my area. They put it on sale usually for about $2.50 a skein and I always stock up on pink. :) At my Jo-Anns, they only have pink, lime, orange, bikini, beach, dream girl and jump. I wish they had some of the others that I have seen online. I got a notice from Jo-Anns last night that a lot of yarn was going on sale starting Oct. 3, maybe that's one of them??

Guest PaisleyAngel

I just checked Herrschners and they have both yellow and lime for $3.17 a skein.

www.herrschners.com/produ...0711&tab=3

This site also has it for $8.88 "a bag," whatever that means. :) I've never bought from them before, but they must have been recommended on a crochet list for me to bookmark it.

www.discountyarnsale.com/RHKids.htm

Hope this helps! :)

Guest PaisleyAngel

YW, Amber! :) I thought of something when I got home. I couldn't find the yellow RH Kids when I was making an afghan out of RHK pink/bikini/lime/orange and RH Super Saver white. So I got the really bright yellow RH Super Saver and it's just about the same. They may even have a green that's similar too. Those skeins are cheaper. And honestly, you'd never know the yellow wasn't RHK in my afghan. (There's a picture in my photo album - link below - if you want to check out the colors.) Good luck!!! :)

Thanks Angel. :) I got Kids yarn because I couldn't find both colors in anything else. I've never worked with kids yarn before, but it's encouraging to hear that it is like super savor! Um, do you know if there is a dye lot? I"m used to working with no dye lot.

Thanks!

Amber

That RH Kids is the only lime I could find too. Let me check my skein for a dye-lot... Yep! There is a dye-lot! :U If you're buying online, they should send from the same dye-lot if you're buying multiples. Be sure to note it though, just to be safe.

Guest PaisleyAngel

When I was using my RHK pink, I noticed the strangest thing. :eek2 I'd never seen it before. The dye lots were different, but it wasn't a big deal because I felt they were close enough to use in the blanket. But one dye lot was actually thinner and softer than the other! :eek2 Has anyone else had this happen to them, either with RHK or any other yarn? I hadn't seen it before and I haven't seen it since!!! :wow

The dye-lots are still Dye A + Dye B = Color C. It's possible for them to be a shade or two off.

And right now I'm working with some TLC Baby Soft yarn that had a knot in the middle of the skein where the yarn ran out. I cut out the knot and continued on, and darned if the yarn isn't a bit plumber in the rest of the skein. I can't explain it either, but it really and truly is. Almost like it went from the softer baby yarn to a worsted weight. Threw my squares off and I had to start a few over to get them closer to the size of the majority of the skein, which is the bigger yarn. :shrug

Guest PaisleyAngel

So I'm not the only one this has happened to. I swear, I thought I was going crazy. :) Luckily, it was a granny afghan and it's not noticeable at all. But it was weird working with the same yarn and having it be so much different in texture.

Amber, I checked at my Walmart this weekend. There were RH bright yellow and bright lime (similar to RH Kids) in small 88-cent skeins.

Guest PaisleyAngel

Those are 3 oz. skeins, Amber. :) This weekend, they had some of them on sale for 30 cents! I bought a whole bunch of purple/pink/blue variegated for something for my neice. :D

Archived