this is soooooo soft!!

woolandflax

I'm trying different yarn combinations to get the effect I want for the wimple/poncho I'm designing and I think I hit the jackpot!! :cheer2 I'm combining Caron Simply Soft (my alltime favorite basic yarn) with Jiffy and using a Boye N hook in double crochet. I can't believe I've never used this before!! This is definately an expensive feeling but cost-effective solution. :danc

Oh the colors I'm using are Copper Kettle in the Caron and El Paso print in the Jiffy. It looks heavenly and oh so warm and soft, i'm in love!! :)h

:heart :heart :heart

~Rebecca~ :knit

Guest PaisleyAngel

That sounds wonderful, Rebecca!! :) Great thinking!!! :D I've never used Caron Simply Soft before, but it always get rave reviews. I was thinking of trying Caron Simply Soft Brights - is that the same, only brighter colors? I think I'll definitely have to try it out after hearing how much everyone loves it!! :)

I absolutely love Simply Soft yarn! I'm making a giant granny square afghan for my dad for Christmas using off white, grey heather & dk country blue. Its so nice & warm. I have a skein of Jiffy so I may have to try it out. :wink

Ammie

Archived