Colinette?

Guest TShell

anyone ever buy or feel any of this brand yarn? they've got some really cool looking yarn, and cheaper prices on ebay (but not cheap yarn). Guess I should see if my LYS has any.

Guest mishakitty78

Colinette is simply gorgeous. I have much love for it :)h I use it often in bellydance costumes and for making hair items (point 5 looks remarkably like dreadlockes, which dancers love believe it or not) but I've also crocheted with it. Primarily I've worked with point 5 - it is VERY chunky. I whipped up a nice little hat out of it - maybe if I ever figure out how to post pics I'll be able to show it off!

The only thing about using colinette is that 1. it's pretty expensive and 2. the dyelots (is that right?) can change drastically from skein to skein. The colors are gorgeous and yummy - they all sort of melt together. But I've ordered two of the same color and seen pretty big differences. If you're thinking of a big project, I'd buy several skeins. I got one hat out of one skein, but only barely - so you might need several for a big project.

Oh, and it will felt. Sort of. :D!

Hope this helps!

Melissa

i was thinking of getting the point 5. It's a lot cheaper from this seller on ebay. And I was probably just going to make a hat and or scarf, so i wouldn't need a lot.

Thanks for your input.

Archived