Free Yarn

Guest SamplerLady

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifSeveral Months ago I sent a letter to Coats & Clark Consumer Service Dept., P.O.B. 12229, Greenville, SC 29612-0229 requesting free yarn for charity work. My box finally arrived!

yarn3.jpg

Guest mishakitty78

What a great idea! That is absolutely fantastic. And they sent you so much, too! You'll be able to make so many great things for charity. :))

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifAmber, I only crochet for one charity, Native American Support. The group is on Yahoo. The Cheyenne River Reservation in Eagle Butte, SD, is my mother's reservation so there is a family connection there.

We all do a lot of stuff for the people that live at Cheyenne River. I have been making baby ghans and lap ghans since the summer. Last year I did a lot of baby stuff: hats, sweaters, booties. I also try to put several boxes of stuff for the elders together as they, along with the children suffer the most. Many of these families have no heat, no electricy, and freezing weather has already started in SD. We don what we can to help people stay warm in the winter.

Our group has an ongoing diaper drive. We send about 300+ diapers to the rez each month. We also have an ongoing personal care and school paper drive. We send deoderant, tooth paste and brushes, soap, shampoo, feminine items, etc., as well as school supplies for the kids. All the kids go to a boarding school in town during the week but are still in desperate need for books, paper, pencils, crayons, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived