Thanks for the advice

I wrote last week asking for advice on where to begin. I didn't have a clue so with everyone's encouragement:

1) I went through my books and picked out the patterns I wanted to try.

2) I prioritized my choices. Christmas gifts came first then a throw I want to try for my bedroom - after dh paints - which gives me about another three years.:lol

3) I put the materials needed for each project on an index card and put it in my purse. The next time we are out - or I find a good sale I can pull out the card and buy what I need for a project.

4) I scrounged up some tan and white yarn and started a super simple granny. Just to get started on something while I await the funds for the other stuff. At least I'm doing something other than hyperventilating!!

Thanks again,

ArdenLynn

Sounds great, ArdenLynn!

I get overwhelmed sometimes, too, when I don't get my thoughts in order. It does help to make a quick list, but I have to be careful I don't get so caught up in making lists I forget what it is I wanted to do :D

I love the idea of keeping notecards in your purse with lists of supplies - I'm going to steal that idea for sure :clap

We should have a tip of the week thread - and this should be the first tip!

4) I scrounged up some tan and white yarn and started a super simple granny. Just to get started on something while I await the funds for the other stuff. At least I'm doing something other than hyperventilating!!

Just jumping back in and starting a project is a great idea (:cheer)!! Creating something feels so good doesn't it!

2) I prioritized my choices. Christmas gifts came first then a throw I want to try for my bedroom - after dh paints - which gives me about another three years.:lol

Will your DH paint if he knows you're making a throw for your bedroom "even as we speak"? If so, perhaps you could shorten that three year wait (:yes).

3) I put the materials needed for each project on an index card and put it in my purse. The next time we are out - or I find a good sale I can pull out the card and buy what I need for a project.

What a great organizational idea (:clap)!

Archived