joining squares ?

ok ladies (and gents) gotta guestion for you all.

i am working on cupcakes fairy penguin squares for my daughter (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=646555&postcount=44)

i am now maybe 16 squares away from joining and don't know how i should join them. could you all please share with me what you think would be an EASY way to join. i really don't want to sew them together. i know that i could sc them together but i really don't know if i want that seam in the back.

also, since this is really my first square project, all the borders on my squares are differnt colors. what color should i use to join these together. i used carol simply soft chocolate, bone and soft pink.

thank you all for your help.

Oh, I just used a great joining method. You put two squares together wrong sides together and join with a single crochet in the corner of the one facing you. Then you chain one and join with a single crochet in a stitch on the next square. From there it's chain one, skip stitch on square one, single crochet, chain one, skip stitch on square two, single crochet. Back and forth you go and before you know it they're joined.

Hope this helps. I may be able to find this method on line and it may be a better description than mine.

Joyce

Archived