Yarn switching?

Tiga

Question

I want to make a pattern written for Lustersheen, but I want to use Caron SS instead.

It's a filet pattern: rose filet shawl, so I'm worried about it a) being huge and b) the rose not being visible

I may be doing this in two colors - a darker color for the filet and a rose color for the rose; color changes are no problem for me.

I've already started an on the fly version of this, but I'd rather follow a pattern.

How can I use this pattern with Caron SS, or should I just go buy the Lustersheen?

4 answers to this question

The pattern calls for an F hook so you should be able to switch with no problem at all. The graph is GORGEOUS!

How well you'll see the pattern really will be determined by what color you wear underneath it. Lt blue on white doesn't show up very well.

Great point RoseRed; I'll just use the same size hook or maybe a G. The person I'm making it for would like a nice, large shawl, anyway, so one hook size shouldn't make it too much larger.

I'll do the starting chain, and if that looks too big, I can undo it a bit, then adjust accordingly.

As long as I start the chart in the center, it should work, right?

I did my valentine heart shawl with a G hook and I thought the Caron SS draped well and held it's shape well. The shawl doesn't look to be very big (but hey - I make everything big! lol)

Why don't you make a swatch with a G and an F and see which one feels better to you.

Archived