Do you also knit?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love to knit and crochet. In my teens my Aunt showed me the basics of knitting and I took it from there. Excpt when needed help from her. haha Then after that was able to teach myself crochet but still learning both. I am a Great-Grandma so you know been at it for a while. Crfty

I was sent for lessons at a young age (like 12) to an adult class. Barely learned the basics...lost interest. I keep toying with the idea of trying it again...here I am 54 and still learning.

From what I recall crochet is so much easier to repair a mistake.

I knit also, but I'm decidedly mediocre at it. I've knitted some scarves, many dishcloths, and several caps. I learned to knit caps in the round using circular and double-pointed needles because I like the stretchiness of knitted caps. Here in Mississippi camo caps are a classic, so I've done several of these for the hunters in my life.

Knitting is definitely slower, as others have pointed out. I still would like one day to knit the perfect sweater, but I get bored with the snail's pace of projects and end up losing interest. Plus it's difficult to correct mistakes for me, though I got better at this. I really have to count stitches at the end of each row and make sure I'm on track since my mind tends to wander :think

I prefer crocheting for its ease, speed, and versatility. I can whip up a dishcloth in an hour or two while watching TV. Afghans of course go much faster.

I agree about knittinghelp.com. That's an amazing site with lots of free video, and the members are very helpful, even with my dumb questions!

Archived