Color Your Own Sock Yarn from Knit Picks

xantha

I'm not sure how I missed this when I placed my Knit Picks order last month, but they have a fingering weight color-your-own yarn.

It's $3.49 per each 100g (400 yd) hank, which is enough for a pair of socks (and I usually have leftovers unless it's men's socks).

Has anyone ordered this and dyed it?

I feel guilty because I want to order some but:

* I should just spin up some fingering weight yarn for it since I have plenty of roving

* I sorta-kinda promised DH no more yarn until MD Sheep + Wool (that's two months away, though). :(

So: anyone wanting to dye your own sock yarn? This might be an option for you if you don't spin! :)

I've been pretty happy with the knit picks yarns.

-jess

Oooh, fun! I'd never been to that site before--just bookmarked it. My MIL gave me some cash for my birthday :)) and I mean to put most of it toward bills but I figure I'll spend some of it on yarn, too.

Their prices look great. Are their shipping rates pretty reasonable?

free shipping if you order $30 or more! :D ~

It takes about a week or more if you do free shipping though (depending on where you're located).

-jess

Last week, I placed an order with them (my first) on Monday, had the yarn in hand Friday - and didn't want to let it out of my hand, either! :D! This yarn is soooo soft! I :)h it!

I didn't get the color your own in that order, but I've put it into my wish list for next time around, something cool to look forward to!

Archived