Sensational Shawl-Ruffle, Ruffle

I purchased an e-pattern called Ruffle, Ruffle and it is definitely NOT working out right, anyone made it and seen corrections? Please tell me, I ended up with a large rectangle which is no where near the size or shape this thing needs to be. HELP!!:think:confused

I purchased an e-pattern called Ruffle, Ruffle and it is definitely NOT working out right, anyone made it and seen corrections? Please tell me, I ended up with a large rectangle which is no where near the size or shape this thing needs to be. HELP!!:think:confused

I found a picture so I know what you are talking about now...

we have to start at the usual suspects for this..

did you manage to get gauge? That is a very open pattern and gauge would really matter.

did you begin with the same hook and yarn as they recommend?

These are basic questions; we get them out of the way and go from there

I haven't done this but we might be able to figure it out together

ok, here it is

it calls for homespun and a K hook, --that's what I'm using

guage is 3 dc = 1"; 1 dc and 1 sc row - 1 1/2"

that worked out too.

basic stitches are sl st sc and dc-no problem there

Row 1: Ch 42, sc in second ch from hook, sc in each ch across, turn. (41 sc made) this is word for word how the pattern reads--again, no problem there.

So then you work down to row 6 and on row seven you start to repeat the pattern for 56 rows---mindful that you're only crocheting across 42 stitches.........so when I finished up the rows, I had a rectangle 42 stitches wide and about 24? inches long. Then you begin to work in rounds-for the border, I guess, doing chain 3's and sc every other stitch, all the way around for 5 rows.......but I didn't go further than the first set of ch 3's cause I knew at that point something was definitely wrong-I kept expecting increases somewhere, and the pattern NEVER says anything

about an increase.......just those 42 stitches.

I'm thinking-MAYBE the type is the foundation ch, it should be 142 instead of 42......whatcha think?

the pattern doesn't give finished dimensions, just says, one size fits all.

So can you make anything out of it?:help

ok, here it is

it calls for homespun and a K hook, --that's what I'm using

guage is 3 dc = 1"; 1 dc and 1 sc row - 1 1/2"

that worked out too.

basic stitches are sl st sc and dc-no problem there

Row 1: Ch 42, sc in second ch from hook, sc in each ch across, turn. (41 sc made) this is word for word how the pattern reads--again, no problem there.

So then you work down to row 6 and on row seven you start to repeat the pattern for 56 rows---mindful that you're only crocheting across 42 stitches.........so when I finished up the rows, I had a rectangle 42 stitches wide and about 24? inches long. Then you begin to work in rounds-for the border, I guess, doing chain 3's and sc every other stitch, all the way around for 5 rows.......but I didn't go further than the first set of ch 3's cause I knew at that point something was definitely wrong-I kept expecting increases somewhere, and the pattern NEVER says anything

about an increase.......just those 42 stitches.

I'm thinking-MAYBE the type is the foundation ch, it should be 142 instead of 42......whatcha think?

the pattern doesn't give finished dimensions, just says, one size fits all.

So can you make anything out of it?:help

i think you are right about the starting chain but at gauge it would only make a 47 inch garment.

is the border that large? it did seem to be large when I saw the picture but not that large.

247 seems too large as that gets you an 82 inch garment. However I would rather have 82 inches than 47.

if you know the repeat, you could decide what size you want it to be, say 60 inches and then multiply that by 3 (dc's per inch) to get a starting chain of 180 (+1)

it is def a mistake in the pattern.

Thanks for your help Darski.

I've written to e-patterns regarding this and hopefully I'll hear something from them shortly-but I'm thinking I'm going to figure out the pattern repeat and just go from there. I think the border is probably 6 inches or so. I'm only 5 ft. tall so I don't want something that is so big and overwhelming, so I'll have to figure out which size works for me.

So much appreciate your input.

Lisa

I am just hoping that it did help you. It is very pretty. I'll be praying that you get it just right for you and for the upcoming event.

I am proud of you for making that skirt. it was a neat pattern too

This would go well with it.

Archived