New here and to threading have a few questions

Jens

Hello everyone! :)

My name is Jen and I'm new here and glad to find a great source of info here.

I just made my first thread crochet project it's a dolly (I think lol!) I did it from a chart. It looks pretty good. I have crocheted before with yarn but I have a few question about this thread stuff.

First from reading I think I used the wrong size hook....don't laugh I used a 3.25MM in size 10 thread. Sense i did a pretty darn good job (I think) even if I did use the wrong hook on the dolly I bought some smaller thread (20) and a 1.5MM hook. Should I have used the 1.5 with the size 10 thread? I played with the 20 and I'm not ready for that yet but I think Ill start something else in size 10 thread but which hook to use or should I buy a different one all together?

THANKS!!!

Jens

Hi Jen, Welcome to the "ville". You can use any size hook you want too. I usually use a size 10 hook for size 10 crochet cotton. My stitches are loose but the size 10 hook makes them look better. I also always try to use a Boye hook for cotton and Susan Bates for yarn. Those are my personal choice. I hope I have helped you in some way. I am sure there will be someone else who could help you out with your questions too. ~~Sandy~~

Hi and welcome from the West Coast of Florida.

I always use a size 7 hook with size 10 thread. You can use what you are most comfortable with. Like yarn the smaller the thread and the smaller the hook, the smaller the item you are making.:hook

I hope I didn't double post....still getting used to this forum setup.

Started a Fleur-de-lis and following a graph (still learning the lingo; it is a graph right?) My dc are really tiny like a centimeter tall is that right? Should they be a little larger?

Thanks ladies!

Archived