has anyone had this happen?

I just love when they say no dye and you buy them all together and it happens. last year I made matching shrug for my daughter and I and from the elbow down on one "sleeve" the shade is slightly off. I love the thing but cant stand to wear it because of it.

all skeins were purchased together too so I made sure I checked the label close

I don't know what it looks like, but if it's just a little bit on a sleeve maybe you could shorten the sleeves? It might look good as a short sleeve shrug. But contact the company anyway, send a scrap of the color you want it to be, maybe they will match it and send you some. Good luck.

Ellie 13

I had this happen with Simply Soft yarn. I contacted Caron and recieved no response. I still have the motifs that were in the wrong color, I keep meaning to unravel them and use them in a one skein project. I was very upset that Caron didn't do anything to make it right. I suppose I could have kept bugging them, but life got in the way. I am glad that Coats and Clark are much better at making things right!

Laura

that really is too bad Laura that they didn't stand behind their product. it really makes a difference when you feel that they care about customer service. I was afraid that once I got the thread that I wouldn't want to work on the project, but I'm catching up to where I was when I attached the new ball, so, just a little behind in the project--a few weeks, but that's ok. just need to have it done by the first part of May--in time for vacation.

hope you find a one skein project to use your yarn!

Archived