Arm Cuffs?

How popular are the arm cuffs or wrist bands nowadays? I want to make some for my Etsy shop, but I'm thinking of using something like the crochet nylon with a little bit of shine and some embellishments and I wondered if it was even worth the effort? :think

Anyone know if these are still popular?

I personally love the arm gauntlets and cuffs but that may just be my style. I wouldn't wear anything but wool or a wool/cotton for warmth.

If it were warmer out maybe cotton but I wouldn't want them in the nylon, because it isn't as flexible as I'd like for my wrist movements.

:)

well i mostly see them on boys but yes they're popular

my bf lives in um... he usually wears the terry cloth ones though

i think im gonna make a crocheted one for him when his scarfs done

sometimes i wear them, mines fake leather and attaches with mini belt buckles, i love the way it looks but its not the most comfortable thing lol

No these are very flexible of the nylon thread, not as soft as like wool would be, but almost a little shiney.. more dressy like a wide band bracelet. They close with an antique or antique look button.

Yep .. that's what I was talking about. It would depend on the stitch. I was going to make some with that nylon thread but it would be a spider lace style pattern for flexibility instead of a thick pattern. I thought a few jet beads would be pretty stitched into it and a hook closure would make it elegant.

Yup lots of ideas lol those are just the first two. Another was done with an open shell stitch and it sold straight away to a coworker for a choker :)

They arent as clunky as you'd think, the thread is very smooth and soft and flexible with just a little give, not to the thread but to the stitches. I love how it has a soft shine to it as well :)

I always wear a pair when I'm riding my motorcycle. They cover the wrist area where the jacket ends and the gloves begin; giving just a little protection from sun, wind and bugs! Making them pretty is an extra bonus. It's hard to feel pretty when your dressed like a biker!

Archived