Help! Need Online Yarn Sources!

Is there any trick to finding deals on ebay, or do you just browse the yarn listings to see if anything stands out? Right now I'm using a lot of the cheap acrylic stuff just to play around with patterns and colors, so cheap and quantity are top of the list for me.

And has anyone bought mill ends? Where and what did you think of them? I've seen a few good deals in terms of the amount you get for the price, but I just wasn't sure if they had any problems, being the end of the yarn and all. Knots or flaws?

I skimmed through this thread and just wanted to share what I heard from a lady that comes to my crochet group that works at Walmart in their craft department. She said that they are gradually going to take the craft department out of all walmarts. I guess some already around my area have done away with them. That's a bummer!

Has anyone else know that this is true?

yarnsandthreadbylisa.com is this company still in business,I can't seem to loacte the website.

thanks?

www.yarn-and-threadbylisa.com. I found that in my bookmarks. I have always had great luck and quick shipping with Herrschners & Mary Maxim though. Since I live in rural Alaska I can't just go to the shops. The closest place is Wal-mat 112 miles from me by road. Or I could fly the same distance in the other direction and go to a not so well stocked JoAnne.

I have to be picky about my on-line ordering because so many places double or triple shipping rates when it's going to Alaska or Hawaii.

Also I order for many projects in advance so that saves some on shipping rates too.

Sheryl

Archived