crochet sweater/tunic workbasket april 1992

linda k anderson

Question

Hi to all,

I'm looking for a crochet pattern that appeared in the april 1992 issue of workbasket. There is a photograph of Anne Bobby (from the movie Born on the Fourth of July) and she is wearing a longsleeved, boatnecked sweater/tunic in turquoise/blue that I would like to make. I found a knitting book that altered the sweater to knitting. However being a crazy about crochet nut and now I'm teaching design in a middle college I'd like to find the pattern directions and lenthen the sweater/tunic to dress length. The pattern appears to have a large scallop or shell in the pattern and the sleeves are not tapered. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please email me at altartand AT aol DOT com if you have the pattern and would be willing to sell the original to me or know another source where I can purchase the magazine.

Sincerely,

Linda Anderson

2 answers to this question

Dear Linda -

I looked thru my little stack of WB Mags that I saved from when I was a nurse and a patient of mine found out that I tatted and she gave me these for the little segment they had on shuttle tatting with a pattern each issue.

Lo and behold I read your post - hunted thru the stack and there the actress in the aqua openwork crocheted tunic was! Only it is May of '92.

I would be happy to send the magazine to you as I have been helped by many likeminded kindly souls on this board with help and patterns I have hunted for - and I would like to pass the helping hand along to you :manyheart

I have "pm'ed" you a similar message and that way you can give me your snail mail addy so I can get it to you! To check your pm's just look in the right hand corner and click on your message inbox.

Hope this helps!

;)

Archived