My hats for the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit........m

I think I posted somewhere (sorry totally brain dead right now) that I make hats for the hospital that my mom was in when she was going through treatment for brain cancer. Each time we go back for a checkup, I take a stash of hats. Since we only go every 3 months, I try to take a decent stash.

Well, we're going on Friday. I was hoping to have 20, but I just couldn't get it together in time. I did complete 10 though so I guess it'll have to do.

I love making these hats and dropping them off. At times though, when I'm working on one of my own projects, I feel guilty for not doing more.

How do you enjoy the projects you're working on for yourself and still be happy with what you've done for charity?

I remind myself that charitable giving is a team thing. The times I'm doing less may be the times other people are doing more. You know that every hat counts. Even if you only did one a year, that would be terrific. :hug

What Salos said.

Most of what I do is for charity, and when my niece's were both pregnant I felt guilty that I wasn't making enough for charity. If I feel really guilty, I'll take a break and make a preemie cap to donate. I can make one quickly and there is always need.

Anything you give for charity is a personal gift that is special to someone. None of us can do for everyone, but you make a difference for one person, and if thats all we do, it's good! :)

Thank you both! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels guilty sometimes. I felt really guilty when I was pregnant with my last baby (8 months) because I don't think I donated but once last year.

Just do what you can and know that every little bit helps. I'm sure the hospital appreciates all your donations even if the stash of hats isn't the same size every time you go. Don't feel bad if you take some time to do what you want to do, can't be a superhero all the time.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Archived