I am never going to get this finished!

And it isn't because I'm not working on it. It seems like for every 4 rows I do, I have to rip 2 out to correct a mistake. I'm making the Heavenly Love afghan from Herrschners Blue Ribbon Afghans. It's made with the afghan stitch accented with picots, and it's driving me mad!

I'd like to get it finished soon so I can make a dear friend who is going through a mastectomy an afghan...but gah!!

Now, I'm kinda known for being terrible about completing afghans, something I'm trying to fix this year. And I know that some people don't like having more than 1 large project going on at a time, BUT if you are having such a hard time, and getting frustrated, maybe stepping back, and focusing on the ghan for your friend will be just what you need! :yes

granted, I don't know what you are making the first one for, or if there is a solid deadline for it. But if there isn't a concrete must be completed by date, then the new project might be the ticket! At least then there is something to do when you get frustrated.

Good Luck!

:hug I have that pattern, I just haven't had the guts to try it out yet since I'm still learning the Tunisian/Afghan stitches. I do have to agree with Jadyn though. Crocheting while frustrated with the pattern is difficult and leads to more frogging. Work on your friend's afghan and then come back to the more frustrating one when you're in a relaxed mood.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Archived