new crocheting loves

I found a couple new things in crochet that I absolutely love: boucle yarn and ribbing.

I finally figured out what I was going to do with the yarn that I've had since September or something. Now that I'm working on it, I absolutely adore it. Granted, I kind of wish I could frog it but you can barely see the exact stitches I'm making (it's just a giant granny square throw) so it really doesn't matter that much. But it's just so soft and fluffy.

Also, this whole ribbing technique. Whoever came up with that is an absolute genius. I love the look of it so much and now I want to rib everything! I already have ideas in the works for scarves and luckily since it just started SNOWING :flake here for the first time all winter, I'll get even more use! Yay!

I did a granny throw for my grandmother in law in boucle yarn. It was so thick and cozy that I kind of wanted to keep it for myself. Once I get some projects out of the way, I'll probably make a few more of those.

Ribbing is fun. I love how it gives certain projects a 3D sort of effect. I can't wait to see the various uses you come up with for ribbing.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I have done a couple shawls in boucle yarn and love it. It is a pain to frog but if you can hold on to you patience it can be done. It is painful though.

To me the more tecture the better and ribbing is a great way to get that.

Thanks! That's what I thought you meant. I recently made a hat totally with sc ribbing, using a self-striping yarn. It worked up great! It's interesting to see the different effects you get depending on which stitch you use for the ribbing.

Joan

Archived