Looking for Thread Shops

Etrnlife

Okay, I'm spending 10 days with 20+ inlaws in one house! This is the perfect time to work on a long project. I have to have something to keep me out of trouble. :P I'm planning to make me (yes I mean me!) a thread table setting for next Christmas. The pattern I've had for eons calls for size 20 thread. I can't even find that at the local Hobby Lobby. I want to use the money I get from cleaning on the 15th to buy it, so ordering it is out of the question. We're leaving on the 16th. Does anyone know of any yarn shops along our travel route, that carries finer guage thread on cones?

We're going from Hopkinsville, KY through Elizabethtown, KY; Lousiville, KY; Cinicinatti, OH; and Columbus, OH. We will also be taking a trip to Canton, OH sometime while we are there. We take the parkways & interstates up to Columbus and some OH highway I always forget from there to a teeny, weeny town called Fresno. I've heard of a shop in Berlin, OH but don't know if they sell yarn or thread.

I have seen some size 20 thread at the Hobby Lobby on Brice Road in Columbus, Ohio. I was looking for something else at the time and I remember being surprised to find it. I don't know the phone number of the store, but I'd call before I go just to make sure.

There is also a cross stitch / yarn shop in Delaware, Ohio (just north of Columbus) that is as cute as a button and between cross stitch and crochet I'd not be surprised to find they might have something. That shop is called "A Stitch in Time" and the ladies there are very nice. It is a yummy shop.

There is a yarn / craft shop in Berlin, OH but I don't remember seeing thread there. They have some very nice yarns (although not an extensive selection) and lots of quilting fabric, but I don't recall thread (of course the last time I was at this shop was in 2005). Other than knowing it is in on the main street of Berlin, I don't remember the name of the shop.

There is also a yarn shop in Cuyahoga Falls, OH called "Stitch, Piece and Purl" or something like that. I have an uncle who lives in Cuyahoga Falls and I researched that shop when I thought I was going to have time to visit. Not sure if they carry thread, but you could call.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :yay

Thanks for the information. I forgot about the little shop in Delaware. It's been so long since we were last in Columbus. I had just gotten into thread when we moved eons ago. :O) I wonder if dh will be willing to take that long of a detour....

I didn't think the Berlin shop carried thread. I figured it would be more of a crafty/quilting shop. MIL and dh were to busy last time we went home to take me. I get lost in those little towns or I'd have taken myself. It is a miracle, I can find my way between the farm and SugarCreek!!!! No, wait, I got lost going there to. Maybe it was New Philadelphia via the interstate that I made it to. :think

I need to get a map and figure out where Cuyahoga Falls is. I think it is a bit northeast of where my FIL lives. I found it and a couple of stores in Canton, but need to call to see if they carry coned thread.

I my just have to find the money in the budget to order it instead. Herrschners has the cones and I've not seen any anywhere else. I can find coned yarn easier than I can coned thread. :think

I'd still like to check out the shops just for the fun of it. I know most of what they sell is way over my budget, but it's fun to "feel" good materials. :c9

Archived