traffic jam

chenille4

Alright, so I'm making this shawl with about 500 beads.

Every row or so, I'm having to move the beads up the thread because they're in the way, and there are so many of them that they create a "traffic jam" when I try to move them. So I can only move about a third of them at a time, and all the thread gets into a tangled mess.

I have tried, with modest success, looping the whole thing over the ceiling fan, which allows the string of beads to lay straight and the force of gravity can help out. This is more helpful, but I still get tangled.

I just thought I'd put this out for comments or suggestions from all you talented and creative ladies out there. If you have any tips, tricks, or ideas, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you!

-Rebekah

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, there!:yay

I know what you mean about a traffic jam. I seem to have the best luck if I just push the beads back about 4 - 6 feet at a time. It means I have to move the beads frequently, but the beads and thread don't seem to get so tangled. The increased frequency of moving the beads is a lot less than untangling the snarles when I move them more than that. Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

:hook

Linda T

Archived