"Santa Baby" Christmas Ornament - Hat issue

Starr

Question

I was wondering if anyone else has made the "Santa Baby" Crocheted Christmas Ornament Amigurumi Style pattern?

I was making one last night and everything was going fine until I got to the hat. It just doesn't make sense to me, I tried working it up per the instructions, but it just doesn't work for me:

Hat:

With Autumn Red

R1-Ch3, hdc in 3rd ch from hook, mm

R2-*working in the back loops here and throughout* hdc in each stitch around, mm

R3-*2hdcc in first hdc, 1hdc in next, repeat from * around, mm

R4-hdc in each stitch around, mm

R5-*2hdcc in first hdc, 2hdc in next, repeat from * around, mm

R6-hdc in each stitch around, mm

R7-*2hdcc in first hdc, 3hdc in next, repeat from * around, mm

R8-hdc in each stitch around, mm

R9-*2hdc in first hdc, 4hdc in next, repeat from * around, mm

R10-hdc in each stitch around, mm

R11-*2hdcc in first hdc, 5hdc in next, repeat from * around, mm

R12-hdc in each stitch around, mm

R13-*2hdcc in first hdc, 6hdc in next, repeat from * around, mm

FO

I didn't have internet access last night where I was at, so I ended up winging it and made the hat the way that I thought that it should be.

I clicked on her link at the bottom of the pattern, but, I guess it is for email and I don't have Microsoft Outlook installed on my laptop, so I couldn't contact the designer.

I want to make these for my kids school teachers for Christmas.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Jenn

2 answers to this question

Cool! Hi There!

No, the back loops aren't the problem, I guess my problem is really starting the hat. Is it only 2 stitches (that is including the ch 3) in the first round?

I am confused at how many stiches that are suppose to be there in each row, because when I tried it, I ended up with a long skinny tube with gradual increases, so it was about 6 inches long with a point and the open end was only about an inch and a half wide and it didn't look much like a hat. Then I pretty much started over thinking it and frusterated myself (I have a tendance to do that :blush )

So I frogged it and just winged it, but I would really like to understand the way yours is suppose to be. I think that this is such an adorable ornament and it would make cute gifts.

Thanks

Archived