Need Help

Melibean223

I would love to try some dying and would like to do it with cotton I already know that i would need to use procion dyes, and know where I can order them. But I have no clue how to dye the cotton or any other supplies I would need, if any one could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Also I was curious if it is possible to make your own varrigated stuff and any tips on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to try some dying and would like to do it with cotton I already know that i would need to use procion dyes, and know where I can order them. But I have no clue how to dye the cotton or any other supplies I would need, if any one could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Also I was curious if it is possible to make your own varrigated stuff and any tips on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Howdy! I have dyed cotton and the other product you need to help the dyes set is soda ash. Here's a great link on the process and what you need:

http://www.pburch.net/dyeing/fiberreactive.shtml

When I did it, I soaked the yarn in a mixture of soda ash/water and then handpainted the yarn and let it sit overnight to react. It worked well.

Archived