Vintage Thread Pattern HELP!

beachlady

I need help from an experience threader, lol. This pattern is called "Daisy Pineapples" J& P. Coats, copy righted 1950. It is from the booklet called Pineapple Fan-Fair. Patten on page 8. Problem is with "Fill-in-lace" section,

I started this pattern, and have made most of the motifs and attached them as instructed, ( I pray correctly) 3 seperate rows of 14 motifs each. Now I must fill in area and attach them, I can not follow this pattern, I have showed this to many experineced ladies and they can not figure it out, I am so up set, as I have worked so hard on what I have done. If there is anyone out there that can be my mentor I would really appreciate it. Please contact me asap. :think:eek gwen

I'd be glad to try to help, Gwen.

Can you post a picture of some joined motifs, and the instructions for the fill-in part that puzzle you?

Smiles,

• 1 month later...

I'd read the instructions too if you can describe what you've got and what the fill-in lace says to do. I am in instruction deciphering mode now myself and maybe could help. Other advice is to sortof just "make it work". Sometimes I think instructions can be flaky and you just have to take destiny into your own hands and make it work with your own improvisions.

Archived