From My Afghan

Guest SamplerLady

Question

Guest SamplerLady

blueflower.jpg

This is a close up of one of the squares I was gifted with to make my most currently finished afghan. I decided I kinda like it and would like a pattern for the square. I've searched online and the only pic I saw led to a dead link. Does anyone know a source for this square. All help much appreciated! mmouseplus.gif

10 answers to this question

Well I just went through the books I checked out from the library today, one of which was 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects, and I didn't find it pictured in any of them. :thinking2 You'd think out of the 8 books I have here beside me one of them would have turned up something close. I cound a flower block, but the flower wasn't the one in your pic. Sorry bout that. Oh, I checked my links too and still didn't find it. Hopefully someone will have better luck though!

Marvie

Guest SamplerLady

Liz, that pattern is almost it. Someone e-mailed me with those instructions and I started one but it wasn't quite like the one I had so that one got frogged. The difference, I figured out, is 8 scs in the ring before starting the petals. It produces a center that can be of a different color if one likes and makes it easier, IMHO, to get all 8 petals done. They were a tight fit for me in the ring without the help of the 8 sc.

Here's a pic of the one I did this afternoon. I'm going to finish it out big enough to be a pillow back.

I thank all of you for your help in tracking down the pattern for me. It's grand to have so many "eyes" keeping a look out for something someone needs! (Okay, maybe not needs but wants very badly!) mmouseplus.gif

purpleflower.jpg

Archived