Need scarf patterns for gifts

happymollie

Question

2 answers to this question

Guest mishakitty78

Aaaah! I'm just about scarfed-out as I, too, am making scarves for holidays (I started with 2 and now I have 5 to make! erk!) But it's ok since at least I get to crochet!

Do you have access to a LYS or are you going to craft stores? I just did a nice scarf in Paton's mosaic and a fur yarn - turned out fabulous! (See pics in completed projects - they should be up later today!) It took about 2 skeins of each. I also use Crystal Palace's Squiggle a LOT because it just has the cooles feeling ever. I like pairing that with a ribbon yarn - usually 1 skein of each on a big hook (Q or S). Hmmm...also, just plain LB homespun makes up a wonderfully warm scarf. I have several that I made and they're so warm, and some of the colors are amazing.

Just a word of caution though - a lot of the new LB yarns coming out are beautiful, but are VERY short on yardage! (I think its LB) Moonlight Mohair is amazing, but hardly has any yarn. Several of the Paton's yarns I've seen have this same problem. If you want fancy yarn, you might be better off going to a LYS, paying a buck or two more for their similar yarn, and getting a lot more yardage. I usually go with about 100 or more yards to do a shorter scarf in sc, more to do longer in sc or dc.

Hope this helped you out! Good luck!

Misha

Archived