100% alpaca

snugsmontreal

so i have been in the market to spend a little birthday money on some nice yarn to try. i was looking at some 100% alpaca on ebay. i hear baby alpaca and regular aplaca i am wondering what experience anyone has with any of this stuff, and brands etc. just want to inform myself before i buy sight unseen online, dont have any good LYSs here

If you want to get a sure thing, I suggest checking out knitpicks.com because they have good prices and are very helpful. I'm nervous sometimes buying from ebay unless you know the seller's quality. I know a lot of others here trust KnitPicks too. And Happy Birthday!

I love alpaca, too! :yes It is so soft and it is lovely to work with. I've worked with alpaca from America's Alpacas and some from Berrocco. I've never worked with Knitpicks' alpaca, but I have been very pleased with the other yarns I've gotten from Knitpicks, so I agree that they would be a reliable place to start. Their prices are great, too.

I'm like you -- I always spend my birthday and Christmas money on yarn!! :lol

so i bought a lot of 10 skeins on ebay of "mystic alpaca" in a nice deep blue (not navy) it is sitting waiting at my moms house for when i visit at thanksgiving i can bring it home. now i have to wait 4 weeks (but it was worth the wait for what they wanted to ship it here) i'm giddy, my mom says it is super soft now i have to figure out what to make with it

Archived