Vanna's Afghans A to Z: 52 Crochet Favorites

Marlena

Does anyone else have this book?

I'm discovering that I HATE the graph patterns :( to the point where I don't think I'll use one more pattern out of this book as most of them are graph style patterns....sigh.

Trying to do a pattern for my nephew DUE TUESDAY and I just don't like the way the airplane came out :( Anyone else ever work on this pattern? I believe it is called "I Wish I Could Fly"

I bought that book from ebay, sight unseen, and have never made anything out of it. It's in my pile of seldom-used books that I pull out once in a while, like I'm hoping maybe this time when I look at it I'll find something I like. :lol The only one I kind of like is the wreath afghan, but it involves more effort than I'd want to put into something seasonal. I expected more from Vanna, but after I got it I realized she had nothing to do with the patterns and probably never made any of them. She probably didn't even get to pick her favorites and didn't know which afghans were going in the book until they threw them on her and took her picture.

I have this book also. Started on the football field 2 YEARS (yes, 2 years) ago and still haven't finished it. Promised myself I would finish it - it does look nice - but just CANNOT make myself pick it back up again.:rolleyes

IF (and that's a big if) I ever finish this afghan, it will be a looonnnngggg time before I attempt another graph.

:( I'M TELLING YOU

she's destroyed me on graphs.

Maybe it's not so bad if it is one big square but the pattern I have you have to make the plane separate then sew it to the main afghan part... and boy... let me just say...never ever again :(

• 1 year later...
Does anyone else have this book?

I'm discovering that I HATE the graph patterns :( to the point where I don't think I'll use one more pattern out of this book as most of them are graph style patterns....sigh.

Trying to do a pattern for my nephew DUE TUESDAY and I just don't like the way the airplane came out :( Anyone else ever work on this pattern? I believe it is called "I Wish I Could Fly"

I haven't done any of the graph afghans, but I believe I crocheted almost every OTHER afghan in this book! :clap It's one of my absolute favorites.

Archived