Crochetme Sweet Raglan CAL anyone?

hookjunky

Does anyone want to do a cal of the Raglan Sweater in the new Crochetme issue? I have just started one and am pretty excited about it. If it turns out I am going to make a bunch of different variations. Nothing like made to size clothes!!!

Okay, I started my Sweet sweater for the CAL, and I already have a question. I know I should probably ask it at the Crochetme website, but the CAL doesn't officially start until Wednesday, and besides I'm not comfortable enough there yet to ask. So I thought I'd ask here, since people have been so friendly thus far.

In the instructions for Sweet it states "Rep Row 2, until the number of stitches at the back is equal to the number of stitches for the two fronts when added together (plus or minus one stitch is ok). In my model, this took a total of 5 rows." I'm not sure I know exactly what they consider the back and the front. I mean I have a general idea, because it does have distinctness already, but I don't know if they mean just the straight back or the back and the first two turns represent the back. So I'm really hoping that someone else here has started the Sweet CAL, and understand what I just said and can maybe clear this up for me.

Sorry that was so long, and thank you for taking a moment to help out.

Basically what you want to end up with when you join the front pieces is a perfect rectangle. It took me way more than 5 rows! Anyway I drew a little pic that hopefully makes it a little more clear for you. If you want anmore help let me know I only have one more sleeve and the finishing left to do. sweet.jpg

This may help you also http://www.io.com/~cortese/crafts/crochet.html in my opinion, this is one of the best ever tutorials on how to crochet from the top down. Word of warning though, this will lead to trying all types of experiments on crocheting things from the top down and in one piece, hehehehehe.

Yes, that diagram makes it much easier to visualize what I'm after. Thank you so much.

Being my first CAL (and my first sweater to boot) I want to at least finish the project and have it recognizable as a sweater. But if I do ask too many questions, just feel free to let me know, ok? :lol

This may help you also http://www.io.com/~cortese/crafts/crochet.html in my opinion, this is one of the best ever tutorials on how to crochet from the top down. Word of warning though, this will lead to trying all types of experiments on crocheting things from the top down and in one piece, hehehehehe.

Thanks for the link. There's some nice information there. And believe me when I say I already want to try everything. I have so many things I want to do I think I'll have to clone myself to get it all done. :lol

I've started this sweater and am trying to follow along. I'm still working on the neck and the diagram helps a lot. I haven't figured out what to do after that, but when I get to it, I'll work thru it and probably ask a few questions. Thanks for your help!

I have finished mine and am pretty pleased with the outcome so is my aunt who has requested I make her one as well. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Archived