? stitch placement

crpstx

Question

:think I just started an afghan that has a fpdtr stitch that is suppose to go in the second row below where you are working. I did it in the first row below my working row, and 2 rows down from the working row. In the pattern's picture the row just below the working row looks correct, 2 rows from working row looks too long. Can someone please educate me on this??

3 answers to this question

It would depend on what type of stitch the rest of the rows call for, if it is sc or hdc, then the row below would prolly not be deep enough to contain a double treble. If you are working dc, I'm still not sure that the two rows would be deep enough. I think only treble sts would be deep enough to allow a dtr without the stitch bowing (poking) out.

I think depending on the stitch used on each row, the dtr (4 yo's) in 2 rows below should work.

The Navajo afghan has the same "in 2nd row below current row" instructions and despite having made several of them, I invariably do it the wrong way at first. The correct way (in that pattern, anyway) is the row below the one you are putting the current row's stitches into. For example, if you are in the middle of row 17 and it says to fptr into 2nd row below, the fptr would go into row 15.

Archived