Pattern testers for slippers wanted

perigrine

Hi folks,

I have several patterns for slippers that I have bunged together the last couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone would like to test them out for me, or even just see if 'you' have seen one similar out there on the www. I hope to sell these eventually. Sorry no pictures, but they are all plain sort of slippers, using sc or hdc and no fancy stitches.

"diabetic slippers" 14 WPI yarn 5mm/H hook. To fit womens size 7 Au. No ankles.

"socked diabetic slippers" 14 WPI yarn 5mm/H hook. Various sizes, including a mans size 10 Au. These have ankles.

"Jamie slippers" 14 WPI yarn 5mm/H hook. Made to fit a 2yo.

"Maisie slippers" 8 WPI yarn, 7mm K or L hook. These ones are destined for my 15 month old niece in Qld, but I can't try them on her from here, so I don't know how they fit.

"Tahlia slippers" 5 WPI yarn, 7mm/K or L hook. To fit a 6yo.

This is the hook conversion chart I use.

WPI description.

All use US crochet terminology.

Thanks in advance.

I'd love to help you test your slippers, but I don't have any young kids and I don't really know any and my hubby and I take sizes larger than you have. :blush

I just want to wish you luck. If you'd like me try anyway, let me know and I can proof your patterns for any errors or problems.

ok,

I forgot that shoe sizes differed around the world. I just found this chart with the various countries shoe sizes (and also a clothing size conversion chart - I think I will bookmark this page). This is for womens sizes.

Here is a more comprehensive chart, with mens, womens and childrens, in both inches and centimetres. Though it doesn't specifcally list mens Aust and US. This one does. According to this third chart a size 10 mens in Aust is the same as a 10.5 in the States.

For reference - the 'diabetic' slipper that I have handy measures 8 inches/21 cm un-stretched, and 11 inches/28.5 stretched heel to toe. Top to bottom un-stretched it measures 4.5 inches/12cm, and about 5.5 inches/14.5 cm stretched. So, in length, these *should* fit a US size 3 to 13 (just on length, and I realise an individual foots width would change the dimensions)

The mens socked diabetic slipper is 11inches/28cm unstretched and can stretch a long way, but 15 inches/39cm is good. Top to bottom unstretched is 5inches/13cm, stretched, is 6 inches/15.5cm. These were designed to be worn over socks, so bearing this in mind, they should fit a very wide range of people.

Did you post about these on lj?? If you did I replyed to it.

I can have a look at the womans slippers for you.

since im another aussie what brand of yarn did you use for them?

Yep yep, that was me. The yarn was an assortment. Panda Magnum, Moda Dea Ricochet, Moda Vera Nicholas, Basics 'Prints' (the green blend) and a recycled jumper or three (different colors). Everything came from Spotlight, except the jumpers of course.

Archived