First time Felter here!

yarnlover66

I'm in the process of crocheting the body of my tote/purse. I'm trying to decide what and how to do the handles. I really like the ones that look like a rope and tied in knots on the sides.

NOW my question...Do you crochet those rope looking straps and then weave them through the bag before felting or are the straps felted and attached separately??

AND, can someone send me a link to the directions about how to do the washing/drying part of my project.

Thanks a bunch!

Teresa,

When I did my bags I did the rope seperatly, then used a knitting needle to punch holes in the bag to go through after felting. I did the rope by holding 3 strands of yarn and doing a simple chain. Came out great.Good luck and have fun! It's very addicting. I just googled felting for the "how to". There is a TON of information on the web. Good luck!

Lynda in NH

I felted my bag already. I did the straps by holding 2 strands together and chaining a rope about 36 inches long--then going back and slip stitching in each chain. Then weaving in the ends. I then stuck them through the hdc evenly on the purse. I tied the ends together of the straps. It worked and it turned out pretty cute. The only thing is that I wish I would have made the straps longer. This was just an experiment. Now I know what to do with my next one.

Here is a pic.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/bagfelted3.jpg

Congratulations!

I am so happy you took the plunge to crocheted felting. I also see that you intend to do more. It is fun to do and so exciting to see the end results.

I felted my bag already. The only thing is that I wish I would have made the straps longer. This was just an experiment. Now I know what to do with my next one.

Archived