help with sweater pattern please, its my first and i'm stumped !!!

lilkira

Question

hello everyone,

its been some time since i've been able to get in here. Life happens, lol. Anyways, I decided to get adverturous and try my first sweater pattern. Supposed to be an easy one, and up till now, it has been, lol. Anyways...here's the part that i'm having issues with....major issues understanding what to do and how.

Inc 1 st at each end of next row, then 2 sts at each end of foll row. Rep these 2 rows 11 more times--162 sc. <<<< did that part fine

Ch 13 at end of next 2 rows for cuffs--186 sc. Work even in sc until piece measures 4 1/2 in. from addition of cuff sts. Fasten off.

The step in red is where i'm lost. i'm working on the back, and shaping the sleeves according to the pattern. The pattern is called the "One-Stitch Adult Cardigan". The whole thing is done in sc stitchs.

Anyways, if anyone can please decipher what i'm supposed to do now, i'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to try and get this done for my daughter's b-day at the end of October.

kira

3 answers to this question

I think it means to only do the 13 chain at the end of the last of the 2 row repeats... and then to work sc's into each of the 13 chain, forward & back until it measure 4 1/2 inches ?.. ? ... maybe..

I've not done a sweater pattern before... but thats a guess at it from me..

:)

:cheer Yes, it means to do CH 13 then work along those CH and across the rest of the row, then CH13 and work across those CH and right across the whole thing.

Or, if you want, you can take a short piece of your yarn and join it at the end of the row and make CH13, fasten off, then CH 13 at the beginning of the row and work across all the CHs and SCs. This makes the edges more even.

Hope this helps. Yell if you need more info.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

thank you both so much, now i get it !! chuckles...duh :oops, hehe. i'm a "learn as you go" type crocheter, lol. i imagine i'll be asking lots of questions as i go, but its fun and challenging for me that way. So far, is working on a doily, sweater, afghan, and is about to start a simple hat and gloves to go with the scarf i made for my daughter. Not sure if that's just being over ambitious, or a case of ADHD....laughs. But hey, keeps me busy i guess.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for the help, its greatly appreciated.

kira :hug

Archived