Cozy Crochet?

Hi,

Does anyone have Melissa Leapman's new book, Cozy Crochet? :? :? :?

I received my Carol Alexander e-newsletter today and she mentions it. :bounce

Just curious about the projects. :thinking1

Besides, I'm always looking for new crochet books! :)h

Here's the link: www.chroniclebooks.com/si...1a3531380b

thanks,

Denise :))

Guest Yarnentangled

After thumbing through it and found the designs unexciting and sort of out of style. There are better new crochet books out there.

I look for new and trendy crochet designs like what you find in "Hooked On Crochet" and "Hip To Crochet". "Cozy Crochet" has a lovely cover but the patterns inside are...eh, so-so.

I agree with Yarnentangled. I saw it this weekend at Barnes and Noble Bookstore and did not find it extraordinary. There were several others that were nice. I found that B&N has a nice selection of crochet books. Sometimes you have to hunt between knitting and quilting but they are there.

I have it out of the library right now. I like the fabric basket -- I think I'm going to cut up some fabric I have and make one of those -- and also like the idea of crocheting a straw hat. That was cute and I hadn't seen anything like that before. And I'm making DH the men's hat that's in there; this is the first crochet hat pattern I found that he likes, and he needs a couple of new hats.

I wasn't super excited about most of the other patterns, though.

Just btw, I finished the men's hat and then frogged it to use another pattern because it came out really lumpy. It looked fine in the picture, so maybe I did something wrong. Basically it's made in a rectangle, sewed together, and then you gather the top together, but eew. Really lumpy on top. So I'm trying something else instead...

Archived