joanns

lizc

the joanns that we have in my area is closing and moving to a brand new store in september. and the new store is about 15 minutes closer too!

anyway, i needed to bring my mom there for something and she was telling me about the closing and 20% off EVERYTHING!

guess who has an awesome mom? yep, that would be me

she bought me 11 skeins of CARON JEWEL BOX at $3.00 each! i dont know how much it actually goes for, but i know it's more than $3.00 and then i think there was and additional 20%!

the color is "smoky quartz". it looks like a gorgeous color to make a throw for the xmas holidays! not red and green, but like a burgandy/maroon type red and a "rich" color of green and a beige thread running thru it. very pretty!

she bought 12 skeins of another color; 7 skeins of tlc amore; 6 or 7 homespun type and 10skeins of little yarns for scarfs and such!

oh and the reason we went was for some vynel (?) so she could cover a footstool - needed a yard and that was exactly how much was left on the bolt!

I went to my local Joann's superstore Saturday after about a month away,a nd I'm pleased to report they have some new yarns. :yarn RH soft (which I had seen last month at A.C. Moore), which feels like Caron SS, some thinner cotton yarns and some different threads, some beaded yarns. They still had a lot of fun fur-type yarns, but quite a few were on pink-sticker sale, which I hope means they're getting rid of them. All in all, I'm pleased. And now confused--I thought I had a shawl for my friend narrowed down to either Glitterspun or that Trellis-type stuff, but now there's a new yarn (dang, but I can't remember the name) being carried that's shiny and comes in a luscious chocolate color. Oh well, her birthday gift is only three weeks late as of today, what's another week or so...:scrachin Patty

I posted these over in the "What is going on at JoAnn's?" thread. ;)

Royale Lovebeads

Patons Shetland Chunky

Patons Decor

Patons Astra

Lion Cashmere Blend

Lion Tiffany

Red Heart Hunny

Bernat Baby Bubbles

Bernat Baby Coordinates - Sweet Stripes

Bernat Satin

Red Heart Soft

Red Heart Light & Lofty

Moda Dea Beatnik

Royale Rave

Bernat Cool Crochet

(if you're into beading, there are a LOT od nice new beads and findings, too... I spent a good chunk of saturday and today stocking the new jewelry dept, and WOW! ;) )

Archived