Testers found! Thank you all! for Wrist Warmers (testing in progress)

reecie

I have a pattern for wrist warmers I need tested. Please email me with the subject Wrist Warmers Tester, and I'll see about getting the pattern to you. I need crochetters of all levels...you DO need to be able to read a pattern and MUST have a camera so you can post photos of finished items! There are plenty of illustrations in the pattern. After the initial email, I ask that you post problems or corrections and finished item photos in this thread.

Thanks! :cheer

D'OH! forgot to put my e-mail! yarnfairy(at)bellsouth(dot)net

The model was made using caron simply soft and a j hook. however you may use any worsted weight yarn and hook to get the guage. and i completely forgot to put my email !! yarnfairy(at)bellsouth.net change (at) to @

> Teresa, I have come across a problem---my gauge is what you indicate in the pattern, but I guess my confusion comes with how many rows total the pattern calls for. It says to repeat rows 2 and 3 ten more times; I took this to mean repeat rows 2 and 3 ten times each---as a if they are a set, to repeat the set ten more times. This gives me a glove that is way too big (I'm a bit "fluffy" so it isn't like I have skinny little wrists), so I was wondering if perhaps you meant to repeat each row 5 more times---as in just ten more rows?

I really like how you give the stitch count at the end of each row---I am a stitch counter to make sure I am on the right track, but maybe at the end of the glove pattern, it would help to put how many total rows the glove should have.

What I mean about repeating rows 2 & 3 is that's how many times you should repeat them as a set, yes, 5 more times per row. There should be a grand total of 13 rows for the entire piece. If you need to do more or fewer rows for your wrists, please let me know how many total rows when you post your photos. Please post all photos on this thread! Thank you!!!

Reecie, here are my finished wrist warmers---the pattern worked up really quickly--thanks for the clarification about how many rows your pattern calls for. I used your gauge and I used your recommended number of rows, and they fit just fine. I used Caron Simply Soft and a J hook.

Nicole :)

clickable images

th_IMG_0293.jpg

th_IMG_0292.jpg

th_IMG_0291.jpg

they look terrific! i'm glad there were no additional problems with the pattern! I'll be clarifying that nowish! i'm also working on a revised version with a more snugly fitting wrist. I'm making them in a recycled sweater yarn, so i'll have to work them up in something else to get a good guage and the like!

reecie,

I'll post photos of the wrist warmers on Monday. They were really easy to make. The directions were very clear. Unfortunately, we've had thunderstorms today that were great for crocheting time but not so great for computer time.

Barb

Fuzzbugjr,

I'm glad there were no problems with the pattern! Thank you so much, Barb, for testing for me. I can't wait to see the photos of the ones you made!

Reecie,

the photos have been taken and (hopefully) have been resized properly :think

1st is a photo of the flat piece before joining:

wristwarmertest3.jpg

2nd is a photo of the pair, joined with the thumb trim:

wristwarmertest2.jpg

3rd, but not least, is a photo of the completed pair being modeled by my daughter:

wristwarmertest1.jpg

I used Red Heart in Off White with a J hook. (Didn't have any Caron Simply Soft in my stash). The gauge was not a problem, I came out with almost exactly your measurements. The directions were clear and easy to follow.

Barb

Reecie,

You're Welcome. No, there were no problems at all. In fact, I had the first one done before I came to the board and saw the question and answer about the total number of rows.

It was a pleasure to test this pattern for you. If you ever need more help, please let me know.

Barb

to all testers,

make sure you post your photos in the accessories show n tell forum, too! these are beautiful and i want to make sure you get praises from everyone!

Here is my pair. They are made with Simply Soft Lt. Country Blue and J hook. The pattern was easy to follow, and the photos were very helpful. I did see your clarification before I started, otherwise I probably would have had the same question.

I added one set of rows 2 & 3 to accomodate my larger wrist. Sorry for the one-handed photos, I didn't have a model. Sorry about the band-aid, too. :blush I cut my finger Saturday with a rotary cutter.

6fdd029b.jpga2f91894.jpg

Thank you so much for testing, Susan! They look terrific! I also appreciate that you let me know you added 1 set of rows. Make sure you post the photos to accessories, so everyone can see what a wonderful job you did!

My photos on the pattern were taken one handed too! I'm going to get my daughter to model them so I can get better photos for it. You know, more clear photo of the pattern!

Archived