My second hat - Guage problem

Guest NCAugeriFan

Guest NCAugeriFan

I started my second hat last night...was trying to talk, watch tv at the same time...I realized at one point that my marker (I used a piece of yarn) had fallen out...so I need to pull what I have out and begin again. :oops

What I like about this hat pattern (which I got out of my Crochet for Dummies book) is that it does not join rounds nor chain to begin rounds. You begin with a chain five and slip stitch. You don't slip stitch again until you finish. It is exciting to watch the hat take shape as you work!

Since I didn't use the brand of yarn that was listed and just used some cheaper yarn...I think my hat turned out smaller. My second hat...using the same brand yarn (different color) but using a larger hook so it will be a little larger (I hope).

I'm beginning to understand a little about the types of yarns used and the hooks, etc. The more I do the more I'm learning.

~cadie :w-grin

Guest NCAugeriFan

:blush I was showing my hat to a lady at work (who knits)...just found out another coworker crochets). Rachel said I did a great job on the hat...love the stitching. When I told her it turned out smaller than I thought it would....she showed me that guage on the directions...told me to get a ruler and do a sample to check the guage. :oops I was so focused on just reading the directions and actually making a hat...I didn't even think about the guage! :loco

I'm learning ladies, I'm learning! :lol

~cadie

My Mom always told us growing up that "Practice Makes Perfect". Keep practicing and don't get frustrated! We all and I do mean all make mistakes and have to "Frog" things. By "Frog" I mean rip-it, rip-it and start again.

Archived