Well-traveled bag - again with the handle problems

cee

Hi,

I was inspired by everyone's great work on this forum and decided to try fulling. With great help from the tips and debates here, I made the well-traveled bag as well (only made it a little lower, as I want to use it for my crochet stuff and like being able to see everything in the bag all at once).

Like some of the others here, I had some problems getting supplies for the handles. I couldn't find grommets or leather straps anywhere. In the end, after much annoyed browsing at local craft stores, I settled for some polyester ribbon which I doubled over. I then folded it over at the top and sewed shut with some yarn scraps stuffed in to make grips. It would have been better with some sturdy woven ribbon, I think, but this is the best I could find.

I am, however, relatively happy with how it turned out, and look forward to using it for all my crochet stuff. Thank you to everyone at the fulling forum for the tips and tricks you've shared :clap

Fulling really is easier than I thought!

173400658_178de92246_o.jpg

:cheer Very nice bag. Great colours. You have done a lovely job.

:think Could you perhaps make the handles the same as the bag next time, then line the handles with the ribbon so it does not prickle on your arm.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

:cheer Very nice bag. Great colours. You have done a lovely job.

:think Could you perhaps make the handles the same as the bag next time, then line the handles with the ribbon so it does not prickle on your arm.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

That's a good idea! I didn't want to make felted handles this time, because I had no idea how long to make them, and was a little short of yarn. But I'll keep that in mind for next time! :)

Archived