Will you please wish me luck and help with info????

I'm gonna try my hand at making a baby quilt!! I have this book from Leisure Arts titled "63 More Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches that I bought to teach myself different stitches.

I am using the lattice stitch and am not sure how many squares I will do yet. What size is the average baby quilt? I figured I would do the squares in white, then the edging in pink and the border for the whole quilt in white. Each square is about 8 1/2 inches. You think maybe five squares across and six down? Oh - and I am using Caron's Simply Soft. A friend gave it to me because she no longer crochets. I have three skeins of the white and one skein of the pink. Think that will be enough?

I told ya I was a newbie!!! Thanks for your help!

Elizabeth

Sounds pretty.

I am not sure about how much yarn you will need, but I made a shawl with simply soft and it came out about 5'6" long and 25" wide-I used 4 skeins and had a bit left over. It was the star stitch which is pretty dense. Hope this helps. And good luck :cheer2

If you don't have enough for a full size blanket maybe you could make a blanket for the car. I think I would start with 3 X 5 squares and see how much yarn you have left. Sometimes little kids like to drag around a loved blankie and a smaller size is easier for everyone to handle.

:sun

Archived