what kind of stitch should I use?

Lunatic84

Question

Ok, so I am making a tank top and I am making it up as I go. I can see it in my mind but I can't for the life of me decide what stitch to use for the bottom. I want it to be a little 'flowy' to hide the bumps :P. Any suggestions? something that is very easy and quick would be great. I want to be able to wear it Saturday night when we go out clubbing for my friend's 22nd birthday. I don't mind if there are gaps either :P

thanks a bunch!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am using Bernat Handcrafter cotton in hot pink

3 answers to this question

I don't know if this will go with the style...but...at the bottom you could try: join the yarn, chain a few (say 5), skip (say 3), single in next and repeat around, then offset the next row and do that around a for a few rows. Or try the ruffle effect. Then there is the eye lash yarn!!! Just finish off the bottom using that with a single around. I hope I have helped. Have fun and be safe! Sorry...that's the mom in me. Maggie

I agree with the recommendation of shells. If you wanted a more open look, you could go with the shells from the shawl in The Happy Hooker. They are 5 double triples with ch-2 between each dtr. It's easy and looks very pretty.

Archived