coordinating pattern and color

salos

Question

I want to make an afghan using Priscilla Hewitt's "Circle of Friends" and/or "Antiques Pearls." Those are pretty dense patterns, though, and I would like a square pattern to go with them that is simpler and lighter weight. Also, I want to use more than one color. How can I work it out to have two or three patterns and two or three colors?

2 answers to this question

I want to make an afghan using Priscilla Hewitt's "Circle of Friends" and/or "Antiques Pearls." Those are pretty dense patterns, though, and I would like a square pattern to go with them that is simpler and lighter weight. Also, I want to use more than one color. How can I work it out to have two or three patterns and two or three colors?

Could you post a link to the pattern?

You can use as many different patterns in a ghan as you like as long as your squares are the same size. Not sure if the density will make a difference. Some patterns are very "giving" and stretch. The best way to combine squares, other than the size, is to try to have the same number of stitches around in your border. You might have to play with your stitches for the different patterns but it gives a lovely result.

You might coordinate your colors using a color wheel. I have some info on color at my web site. Basically, you would use either coordinating or contrasting colors, or you can use neutral colors between. There are any numbers of variations that could work.

Thanks, Sandie

The last time I was at Priscilla's website my computer had problems, so I'm leery of going there to pick up a link.

I definitely like the idea of having squares with the same number of stitches on the edge. Thanks for the reminder!! Mary

Archived