Jazzy Boucle cardigan

DesertCrocheter

Question

This message isn't soliciting help so much as feedback. I'm making that jazzy boucle cradigan for myself from BH&G's Simply Creative Crochet (Jan 2005), and I would swear the pattern was written for a child. I'm 5'7, 140 lbs, 36 in chest, so I followed the directions for the medium (supposedly for a finished chest of 40 in), and when I had the body of the sweater done and tried it on, it was shrug length. So I frogged it, added four rows to the middle section, added 2 or 4 rows at the bottom, and at least it's a normal length now. The sleeves are supposed to be 3/4 length, made of 10 rounds and a finishing 11th round. I finished round 10 last night, and it didn't even reach my elbow. I'm not a giantess or anything, what gives? Anyone else tried this pattern and had the same problem? I did check my gauge when I started because I was using Bernat boucle, not the LB boucle the pattern used, and it was exactly correct, and still seems to be correct when I spot check it. It looks nice, but I may wind up giving it to my niece when I see her on vacation next month because it may still be too small for me. I realize the model in the pattern is probably a 12-year-old size 0, but come on, people, I only need to lose 5 lbs, not 30 lbs and 6 inches of height! Patty

1 answer to this question

Archived