Joining pieces and fringe

Ga_Rebel

Question

Hello how is everyone. So I have two questions I am making my first afghan. And I am doing pretty well with it but I know is its not quite wide enough. And I have made such great progress I hate to take it apart and start again. So figure I could just stitch together 2 panels to run lengthwise down either side of the afghan in the number of inches I need (does that make sense?) But I don't know how to join them together in a way thats easy and strudy. Does anyone have any ideas?

And the second question. Whats the easiest way to add some fringe. I have read of a few ways to do it but they seem to be missing a step because I just don't get it.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

3 answers to this question

The "sturdiest" way that I can think of would be to slip stitch the panels on. I don't necessarily recommend this since then your blanket is not "reversible". It would definitely show up on the back side. You could whip stitch the panel on. I think that should work pretty well.

Personally I hate putting on fringes. They never come out the same length...I then have to cut them to make them even, something else goes on... This picture might help. http://crochet.about.com/od/clothingforwomen/ss/swskscarf_4.htm

Here are two pictures of what I am working on. Both sides of the blanket looks the same to me.

2005_0507project0019.jpg

2005_0507project0020.jpg

Goes easy on me remeber I am new to all this :lol.

Also (because I am new to all this) how do you use the slip stitch to connect them. How do you begin that?

Archived