Vest

kisha29

Question

Hello ladies, I am trying to make this really cute vest that i got off of Red Heart Plush. So far it's been really easy, I've worked the back and am doing the armholes now. I'm about to start the front but I'm a little confused as to how to work it. Here is what the pattern says

RIGHT FRONT: ch 55. Work in pat same as back over 17 v-sts until front measures same as back to armhole, end wrong side row

:think :think :think :think

9 answers to this question

I think it means you do the right front just the same as the back to the armhole, except you start with fewer stitches. Like maybe you started the back with ch 100 or so, and worked 34 V stitches across. Well, with the right front you chain 55 and that will give you 17 v stitches. Work those until you have the same length to the armhole that the back has.

Hope this helps.

OK well the vest is almost done. I have the back and one panel done :clap :clap for me but i've run into a littls snag. For the left front panel, it has me make the right front first, i"m suppose to do everything reversed.

SHAPE FRONT SLOPE: work in pat to last v-st; dc in ch-1 sp of last v-st; turn

well my question is do i do slip stitchs to get back to where i need to be? I did that when i shaped the armholes but now i'm thinking that i should just work the panel and turn it around when i sew it. thanks

Hi, Kisha

I'm afraid I can't picture things well enough in my head to help you with this. Maybe someone else will pop in here and help. Mary :hug

thanks for the help anyways mary, maybe this will help some.

this is the right front, the first panel the pattern had me make

vestrtfront.jpg

and this is the left front so far

100_0461.jpg

hope this helps ladies.

Kisha, you wrote, "i'm thinking that i should just work the panel and turn it around when i sew it." I think that's exactly what you should do.

The vest really looks nice. Great color, nice workmanship. Hugs, Mary

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. I've already frogged it 4 times. This will be a lot easier and hopefully I'll have it finished this weekend!!!

:cheer :cheer :cheer For me!!!!!! I finished the last panel (i just made it the same as the other and am going to turn it around :blush :blush ) but it's to late for me to try and sew it together tonight so tomorrow after i wash my hair......and 5 loads of clothes......and make breakfast......and clean up......i'll sew it together and post some pics.

thanks for the help mary

well can you say "duh"?

i finished the last panel and then started someon a shawl (with yarn my mother sent me for mother's day:manyheart ) and haven't put my vest together until yesterday. I'm sitting here watching "So you think you can dance" and sewed the armholes shut!!!!!!! :eek (Smacking self on the forehead). That's what i get for not paying attention. But it's don't and pics will be up soon.

Archived