200 Ripple Stitch Patterns by Jan Eaton

origami

I just got this for an early Mother's Day present and love, love, love this book! She's the same one who did 200 Crochet Blocks and 200 Knitted Blocks. I love Jan Eaton's sense of design and color. The ripple stitch book is both knit and crochet so perfect for me. It's a bit expensive at 25 dollars but the designs are so lovely and I had a Border's 30 percent off coupon.

:c9

Very nice gift! I was thinking about getting the 200 Knitted Blocks. 200 Ripple Stitches and 200 Knitted Blocks are both available through one of those book club offers at Crafter's Choice that I've been thinking about joining. Be sure to show us the next thing you make with one of these stitches!

I saw that book while browsing at JoAnns. I didn't flip through it, however, since I figured a ripple is a ripple. Does she really have 200 different ripple patterns (as in different ripple stitches) or is it more of a different ways to "stripe" your ripples?

Yesterday I bought Annie's Attic 101 Ripple Stitches at Joann's with a 40% off coupon. I had been looking for the one you bought, but this one was readily available to me: http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=10443 . I may still buy the "200" if I see it locally. I have been looking, in particular for a baby ripple similar to a knitted one I saw in Mary Maxim's catalog. I think I've got 2 I can play with to figure it out.

I saw that book while browsing at JoAnns. I didn't flip through it, however, since I figured a ripple is a ripple. Does she really have 200 different ripple patterns (as in different ripple stitches) or is it more of a different ways to "stripe" your ripples?

Well, I don't think it is quite 200 different stitches as she will sometimes give you a certain stitch and then the very next stitch will have a different striping pattern. (Harmony Guides does this too though!) But there are an awful lot of different knit and crochet ripples in there anyway. And I have to say that I find her usage of color and striping to be very inspirational. She really does show how different fibers, colors, and colorways can really make the most of (or detract) from a stitch pattern. She has a section in the front where she shows how different weights can make a huge difference in how a crocheted piece will look -- her example is a lovely lace pattern.

I looked at the Harmony ripple book as well but ultimately decided that I wanted the Eaton book.

Eaton is British and one thing I do notice about British needlework books

(and magazines) is that the British do have an amazing sense of style and color. I really like their cross stitch books and patterns much better than the American ones which seem boxy and less colorful.

Archived