Newbie with a question...

newwithhook

Question

Hi, my name is Elizabeth... I've been lurking here for a few months and drooling over the completed project pictures! You all do great work :D . Anyway I've been trying to teach myself to crochet via things I've been reading on the internet. I'm very nearly done my first project. A very simple afghan for my son. The entire thing was done in a double chain stictch using the largest needle I had (K). Anyway I used Caron Simply Soft Brights (Berry Blue) and wanted to edge it in White. What would be an easy/simple egding, that looks nice to do on it? I'm thinking (at least for the moment, lol) that the edging will be about 1 inch to 3/4 inch all around. TIA for any ideas and help!

5 answers to this question

A couple of rows of single stitches would be nice. That is what I did to my 2 nephews afghans I made for them. It makes a nice border without being sissy ( as my nephews call it) . They told me they wanted them but they could NOT be sissy looking!!! :lol

Corky

A couple of rows of single stitches would be nice. That is what I did to my 2 nephews afghans I made for them. It makes a nice border without being sissy ( as my nephews call it) . They told me they wanted them but they could NOT be sissy looking!!! :lol

Corky

LOL, right can be sissy for a boy ;), thanks two you both.

Archived