Need suggestions please...

jessc031778

Question

OK. So, I've recently found Lisa's Crochet Garden, and have completed my first ever pattern testing. It went very well, and very quickly...and then I got to the part where I had to sew on the buttons onto the back. I've never been a handsewing type of gal, but I got them all on nice & tight...now what I need help with...I want to make sure that the buttons don't come loose after a few wearings & washings. I did make three knots in the thread on the inside of the dress (good & tight right up against the fabric) and then used the beginning tail & the ending tail to make a couple more tight knots. I was thinking I'd put a little dab of Tacky Glue on the knots to make sure they stayed tied, but then I read the bottle and it said it couldn't be used on things that will be washed, so that's out. My next thought was using a tiny dot of crazy glue, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had other suggestions first.

So, I guess my question is, how can I make sure that my buttons stay sewn onto the dress & ensure that the knots won't become undone??

:ty for your help!!!

Jessie

2 answers to this question

:yay Jessc - you can use FrayCheck on the buttons' threads. It is washable. You get it in the fabric dept. of any store I got mine at Walmart. It is a liquid seam sealant.

I got it to use on crocheted hats to be sure the ends won't come unravelled.

Hope this works for you.

Darlene

Archived