Jane Davis - Felted Crochet

Obaba

Question

Hi

I was wondering if anybody has tried to make the ball featured in this book (p. 109)?

I am having trouble getting the right amount of stitches in row 3. I have 24 stitches after row, which is right, then it goes on to say: " ch 3 (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) rep 11 times, dc in next st, dc in base of ch-3, sl st in top of ch-3 - 30 st."

I always end up with more than 30 stitches. Please, can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?:think

3 answers to this question

Hi

I was wondering if anybody has tried to make the ball featured in this book (p. 109)?

I am having trouble getting the right amount of stitches in row 3. I have 24 stitches after row, which is right, then it goes on to say: " ch 3 (dc in next st, 2 dc in next st) rep 11 times, dc in next st, dc in base of ch-3, sl st in top of ch-3 - 30 st."

I always end up with more than 30 stitches. Please, can somebody tell me what am I doing wrong?:think

I don't know the pattern, but just reading that bit doesn't add up. If you increase one stitch 11 times, that means that you already have 11!!!! more stitches, which would be 24+11=35. Maybe its a typo? Is the author or designer a member here, that you could ask?

Hi

Thank you both for replying. And thanks to Queen Mo, now I know that I can actually add up. I was beginning to think that my maths skills (which aren´t the best, I´ll admit) was beyond hope. I did end up quite a few more stitches than 30.

I tried too look on the publisher´s website to see if there were any corrections, but I couldn´t find any.

Well, I tried to do the ball again, this time only increasing until I had 30. That seemed to work. At least it doesn´t look too bad.

I might try to see if I can contact the author of the book and maybe she´ll reply.

Oh well, onwards and forward!:)

Archived