100 Hats to Knit and Crochet

CLLinda

I ordered this book from patternworks.com and it is great. I just got it yesterday and there are so many wonderful hats in it. I am working on my second one so far.

It is written by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss. It has many different kinds and styles that will be right for everyone. The patterns are pretty modern, and they use different colors and kinds of yarns.

I think it is a great book. I make a lot of hats for charities, and this will give me a new base for patterns. I really enjoy this book.:book

LInda:manyheart It was kind of expensive, but I will definately get plenty of use out of it. It was about $25.

Thanks for the recommendations. I usually have puffy, natural hair, so the regular beanie or cloche type hats don't fit unless I'm wearing my hair in a particular style. The kind of hat that works best for me are the kind that are sort of like baseball caps, with a large, um, mushroom-like container for my hair. Are there patterns like that in there?

Thanks.

I think there are what you are describing in that book. There are just so many different styles that I am sure one will be just right for you. I love the book.

Maybe try your local library to see if they have it. I know our local library will order books if you ask them to. We just have to put in a purchase order on the computer and if they think it is good for their collection, then they buy it.

Good luck.

Linda:manyheart

Archived