Tension gauge!!!

Fleurs

Question

Hi everybody,

I'm new and i'm happy that i found this forum.Well i'm really a beginner and i want to make a camisole but i have a problem with checking the tension because i don't understand what it is written, well it said:

TENSION:

32 stitches and 24 rows to 10 cm(4in) measured over middle body pattern, 32 stitches and 15 rows to 10 cm (4in) measured treble fabric using mm hook.

Do i have to make 32 stitches and 24 rows or 15 rows?and which kind of stitch do i have to use?is it tr.?

Sorry for my english , i 'm a french speaker.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

TENSION:

32 stitches and 24 rows to 10 cm(4in) measured over middle body pattern, 32 stitches and 15 rows to 10 cm (4in) measured treble fabric using mm hook.

Perhaps it means that using the regular body pattern you will have the first gauge measurement and using the treble pattern you will have the second gauge measurement.

Does the pattern incorporate two different stitch patterns in the project?

Some patterns will have a sample swatch to make for gauge but I'm guessing you would have seen that if they had one. Perhaps it has a multiple? You could make a small sample to get the gauge right before beginning the actual project, but that is a large sampling if you have to do 24 rows.

I guess I'm not much help. Sorry.

Some patterns will have a sample swatch to make for gauge but I'm guessing you would have seen that if they had one. Perhaps it has a multiple? You could make a small sample to get the gauge right before beginning the actual project, but that is a large sampling if you have to do 24 rows.

I guess I'm not much help. Sorry.

Hi sandie, thanks for replying actually you are right but i was wondering what kind of stitch to make this sample .

Archived