Help with blog!

thery4

Please...somebody help! I don't know what I am doing wrong! I started a blog in February and was slowly learning how to get it the way I wanted it to look. Last week I tried to post pictures from my photobucket account (I had already posted about three pics in February, so I know how to do it).....but they would not post to my blog....I would get a very quick message at the bottom of my screen that said something about the connection to bloggger. Once I was able to click on the link before the message disappeared to check the connection but nothing happened and the picture never showed up. In the status bar at the lower left corner of my screen in just keeps saying that is waiting for blogger or transferring...but it never does. I can post pictures from my files on my computer but not from photobucket. Well I kept trying and read some on the help pages and tried a few things....but then when I logged back into my blog account , my blog was all messed up....everything in the side bar was gone and the only entry showing up was the last one I posted. So I deleted that blog and started a new one. There is one test post there and I tried to post pictures but the same thing happened again. I have put blogger and photobucket into the allowed sites in my firefox browser settings. I am sooooooooooooo frustrated I could cry! Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ? Any help would be appreciated...I just don't know if I time to work it all out today.

Your link isn't working.

Sometimes it's nothing you do or did. Sometimes blogger just acts goofy for a day or two.

Sometimes it's a photo size; it's too big and throws everything off. It doesn't seem like it's too big but trust me it is.

Sometimes it's putting something in the wrong spot or accidently messing with a piece of the code that you didn't mean to mess with.

Without seeing your site it's hard for me to guess what's going on. Hopefully someone else can. :hug

Your link isn't working.

:eekI just noticed that too. This link is for the blog I just created, I can log into my account but when I come here and click on it....it doesn't work...maybe I need to just quit for today and try again later till everything gets caught up or something. I'm so confused.

Although what you have typed as your blog address is http://theresascorner.blogspot.com/, what you have linked underneath that is this address: http://mammatscrochetspot.blogspot.com/ - I'm guessing that is the address of the blog you deleted? So you will need to correct your hyperlink in your sigline in order to make your blog addy clickable.

Going to your blog, everything seems to be displaying correctly, pictures and all. So it looks like all is well for now and you can get back to posting.

One suggestion I would make is that anytime you do ANYTHING with your blog template code (adding, deleting, moving things around) - before you start, make a backup COPY of the whole thing. Drop that copy (via Paste) either into an email composition window and mail it to yourself, or into a word processing document and save the file. NEVER skip this step because if you do, that will be the one time that everything screws up on you. It's Murphy's Law! This way if you mess up the formatting on your template, you can put it back the way it was before you started messing around with it. And always PREVIEW your changes before you save the changed template.

As far as what you were experiencing, I've had that happen frequently - you just need to be patient. Sometimes there are connection issues and it can just take a very long time for the pictures to load over from photobucket. You should always make sure your pictures are sized with dimensions no wider than 450 pixels for posting on the blog, anything over that will tend to "bleed" over the edges of your message column. If you need help with resizing your photos, pm me and I'll try to help.

If the pictures won't display in your post preview window (I'm assuming here that this is what you were trying to do originally? That's usually also where I see that blogger error message blink on and off - that happens when it's trying to save a draft of your work and could just be a blogger bug, it really shouldn't affect you so ignore it), and you know you've got the right link code from photobucket, I would try to post the message anyway. If the reason your pics aren't showing up is due to technical issues with blogger, you'll possibly get some kind of error message at this point instead of having your message posted. You can try at this point to just save it as a draft, or you can click anywhere in your message area, right click and "select all", right click again and "copy" and paste your message draft into an email composition window to save it for trying again later. Just make sure that the message didn't in fact go through even if it said it didn't (this has happened to me) before trying to repost it, or you might end up with a duplicate posting. You also need to refresh your screen every time you post a new message to your blog, it won't always display otherwise.

I'm not sure how you managed to mess up the formating on your first blog, unless you were adding some buttons or thumbnails in your sidebar there really should have been no reason for you to have been in your template while trying to address your photo posting problem. Just remember the #1 rule above before ever messing around in your template code, and you should be able to recover from something like that if it happens again (let's hope it doesn't though!).

Hopefully some of this will help you along in getting the edges smoothed out with your blog experiences. Holler if you need any more help!

Although what you have typed as your blog address is http://theresascorner.blogspot.com/, what you have linked underneath that is this address: http://mammatscrochetspot.blogspot.com/ - I'm guessing that is the address of the blog you deleted? So you will need to correct your hyperlink in your sigline in order to make your blog addy clickable.[/quote

Goldi,

Thank You so much for all the advice, I will definetly do that, because I was worried once I learned how to add things in my sidebar what to do before hand in case I messed up. I wasn't trying to change or add anything to the template, so I don't know why it messed up either....impatience on my end though was high and so I just got mad and didn't want to wait anymore so I deleted it and started over. When I did post those pictures, I did it by setting up my blog through photobucket, then above each picture it puts a button that says "blog" and all I did was click it and the picture showed up in a post, I resized it, previewed it, and then posted. Yes that is the address of the deleted blog so I will try to correct the hyperlink, I may have to pm you to do that though. Thanks for all your wisdom, advice, and help!....I love this place!:nworthy :nworthy :nworthy

Archived